Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is my third alternative card for this week featuring the In Good Taste DSP! Today I decided to pair this DSP with the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle to create this stunning, yet simple, card! Even though this bundle has coordinating DSP, I really wanted to see if I could find another design that I could pair with the bundle (I did use this DSP for a card last week, you can see that blog post here). When choosing the DSP design, I decided on this design because I really liked how it looked when I used the Cinnamon Cider cardstock as a card base and I could also tie the cardstock into the card design by using it with the detailed sunflower die.
The base layer is this design from the In Good Taste DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Stamp the large sunflower stamp in Versamark ink on Bumble Bee cardstock, heat set with Clear Embossing Powder, and cut out with the coordinating die.
2. Use the large detailed sunflower die to cut out of Cinnamon Cider cardstock and use your Wink of Stella brush over the whole cut-out.
3. Use the sunflower center detailed die to cut out an Early Espresso cardstock and use your Wink of Stella brush over the whole cut-out.
4. Use the single leaf die to cut out two pieces from the Gold Foil Sheet.
5. Use the outline leaf die to cut out two pieces from Granny Apple Green cardstock.
6. Use the detailed leaf die to cut out two pieces from Garden Green cardstock and use your Wink of Stella brush over both die-cut pieces.
7. Use enough of the vanilla open-weave ribbon from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack to tie around the DSP base layer into a bow.
I used adhesive on the center of the detailed piece and the center of the Early Espresso piece to adhere to the embossed image and then used adhesive to adhere both leaf designs to the back. I used glue dots to adhere the detailed Garden Green cardstock to the outline Granny Apple Green cardstock:
This is adhered to the DSP base layer with dimensionals, tie the ribbon around the DSP base layer into a bow, and then adhere to a Cinnamon Cider cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Crushed Curry ink, stamp the leaves in Garden Green ink, and color the leaves in with Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends:
So, what do you think of this DSP design paired with the Celebrating Sunflowers Bundle? This card was made just so that you can send a card to someone and let them know you are thinking of them, for any reason or no reason at all! I hope that you have enjoyed my Designer Series Paper Spotlight week featuring the In Good Taste DSP!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!