Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a “not quite a retirement” retirement card featuring the Sailing Home stamp set, Smooth Sailing Dies, and In Good Taste DSP! We have a dear family friend who recently retired after 25 years of military service and they are not “officially” retiring, but what I like to refer to as “the next chapter” in life! This is the perfect card to honor and celebrate his service, but to also customize it as he and his wife love spending time outdoors and near the water!
The base layer is this design from the In Good Taste DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Stamp the large and small sailboats in Night of Navy ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the coordinating die.
2. Heat emboss the sentiment in White Embossing Powder on a piece of Misty Moonlight cardstock and cut out with the coordinating die.
3. Cut a 9” piece of Misty Moonlight/silver Baker’s Twine from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack.
4. Use the fourth largest layering Stitched Rectangle Die to cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock. For the “water”, I dragged my Clear Block H across my Seaside Spray ink pad, tapped the block on the ink pad a couple of times, used my Aquapainter to “smear” the ink, and then pressed the ink side of the block onto the stitched Whisper White cardstock. I used the ink leftover on the Aquapainter to color in some more of the ink and then stamped the birds in Night of Navy ink.
5. Cut a piece of Silver Foil Sheet at 2 5/7” x 4 ¼” to layer under the Whisper White scenery piece.
Adhere the Silver Foil and Whisper White layers together and then adhere this to the base layer DSP, more towards the upper left corner:
I adhered the sailboats to the “water” and placed some adhesive in the corner for the baker’s twine and then just “circled around”, making sure both ends are on the adhesive:
The sentiment is adhered over the baker’s twine with mini dimensionals and this completed piece is adhered to a Seaside Spray cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼” and stamp the lighthouse and sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays in Night of Navy ink:
Isn’t this a great pairing of the Sailing Home stamp set with the In Good Taste DSP? Since the Come Sail Away DSP retired with the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog, I was so excited to find another DSP that I could use with this stamp and die set! For me, that means that I’m more inclined to use this stamp and die set and not just look at it as it collects dust on my shelf! Another DSP that I thought would also pair nicely, is the World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “Designer Series Paper Spotlight: In Good Taste part 2”
The technique you used for the water is really cool. Love your card.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! Took me a few times to find the technique and best result 😁