Hello and welcome to the Stamp It Group’s Father’s Day Blog Hop! My name is Christina Miller and you are visiting my blog, Christina’s Creative Corner! Whether this is your first stop on the blog hop tour or you have hopped on over from another blog, thank you for letting me share both of my creations with you today!
For my Father’s Day cards, I chose two different versions of a similar card layout featuring products from the Country Club and Come Sail Away Suites! The Country Club Suite is perfect for Father’s Day cards, but not everyone is a golfer, so I also chose to use the Come Sail Away Suite as an alternative card for my family and friends that I will be sending cards to.
For the Country Club card, your base layer will be this design from the Country Club DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”. You will also need to cut a piece of Basic Black cardstock at 1” x 5 ¼” and this alternative design from the DSP at ¾” x 5 ¼”:
Adhere the 1” strip of Basic Black cardstock along the bottom of the DSP base layer and then adhere the alternative DSP design as shown:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Use Night of Navy and Poppy Parade cardstock to cut one of each with the V-shaped vine piece.
2. Use the second largest Layering Oval Die to cut a piece of Garden Green cardstock and emboss with the Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder.
3. Use Basic Gray ink to stamp the golf club four times on Whisper White cardstock and use the coordinating die to cut out.
4. Stamp the sentiment in Memento ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the coordinating “shield shape” die.
5. Use the small three golf balls die to cut out of Whisper White cardstock.
To assemble the “centerpiece”, use a dimensional to adhere the sentiment to the middle of the embossed oval cardstock, adhere the vine pieces together, with the Night of Navy on top, and cut mini dimensionals in half to adhere this piece around the sentiment, and then adhere the golf clubs to the backside of the embossed oval cardstock:
This piece is adhered to the DSP base layer with dimensionals:
I used glue dots to adhere the three golf balls in-between the golf clubs and then adhered this completed base layer to a Basic Black cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, adhere a ¾” x 4” strip of the DSP design used for the base layer along the side, and stamp the sentiment in Memento ink:
For my alternative card using Come Sail Away, the dimensions for the DSP and the Night of Navy cardstock are the same as above:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Stamp the lighthouse in Night of Navy ink on Sahara Sand cardstock and cut out with the coordinating die.
2. Use the seagrass die to cut out one piece in Sahara Sand and one piece in Mossy Meadow cardstocks.
3. Cut a piece of Vellum cardstock with the same oval die and emboss with the High Seas 3D Embossing Folder, inked with Balmy Blue ink.
4. Use one of the Sail Away Trinkets.
To assemble, I layered and adhered the seagrass to the Vellum cardstock, adhered the lighthouse on top, and used glue dots to adhere the trinket on the side. I placed adhesive on the backside of the Vellum cardstock behind the seagrass and lighthouse to adhere this piece to the DSP base layer:
For the inside, the cardstock and DSP strip are the same, but the sentiment is from Itty Bitty Birthdays, stamped in Night of Navy ink:
Which card is your favorite?? These are two alternative ideas that your recipient will surely love! When creating the Come Sail Away card, I wanted to use a sentiment that could be for friends or family, but still wishing them a Happy Father’s Day, and I thought the sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays was perfect!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
This month’s giveaway:
The winner from last month’s Mother’s Day Blog Hop is:
Don’t forget to scroll down to leave your FIRST and LAST name and a comment with #stampitcontest and keep on hopping on the Blog Hop Tour:
|6.||Pam Nichols – Just Dreamin’ Stamps|
|15.||JaNette Hodges Howard|
For the Country Club Suite card:
For the Come Sail Away card: