Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a quick and easy birthday card made with the Tropical Oasis Suite! The weather may (or may not) be warming up, so why not send a beautiful birthday card to make someone’s day with a tropical theme? Today’s card is not only quick and easy to make, but it also uses up the beautiful Tropical Oasis DSP! This will give you room for all the new and gorgeous Designer Series Paper from the upcoming 2020-2021 Annual Catalog!
The base layer is this design from the DSP, cut at 4” x 5”:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. Cut this other design from the DSP at 3” x 3” and then cut a piece of Real Red cardstock at 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” to layer under the DSP.
2. Stamp the sentiment from Timeless Tropical in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out with the smallest layering Stitched Rectangle Dies.
3. Stamp the pineapple and palm tree stamps on Sahara Sand cardstock in Early Espresso ink and cut out with the coordinating dies.
4. Use one of the Tropical Oasis Trinkets, for this card I used one of the palm leaves, but any of them would work.
5. Cut a 4 ¼” piece of the Braided Burlap Trim and use your fingers to fray the ends and to slightly pull the sides of the trim, making it loose.
For the centerpiece, adhere the DSP and cardstock layers together, adhere the cut-out palm trees to the DSP, adhere the sentiment on top, along the bottom of the trees, adhere the cut-out pineapple towards the corner, and use a glue dot to adhere the trinket to the corner of the die cut sentiment piece:
Use Tear & Tape to adhere the Braided Burlap Trim to the middle of the DSP base layer:
Use dimensionals to adhere the sentiment centerpiece to the DSP, over the burlap trim:
This completed piece is adhered to a Sahara Sand cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso ink, and adhere a ¾” x 4” piece of DSP (same design as the base layer) along the bottom:
Isn’t this a fun and tropical birthday card?? I wasn’t sure if combining two different DSP designs would work, but I do like how this card turned out! If you notice, the base layer is not my typical 4″ x 5 1/4″ cut, that is because the piece of DSP I was using measured 5″ x 12″, so I just adjusted the measurement! The stamp set and dies will be carrying over into the new catalog, but the DSP, trinkets, and burlap trim will not, so don’t forget, all products on the retirement list are only “while supplies last”!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “A Tropical Oasis Birthday!”
The collage effect and layering really cuts down on the busyness of the DSP. I’ll be CASEing. TFS!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are so welcome! 😁