Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a cheerful thank you card featuring the My Meadow stamp set! While this stamp set is currently in the 2020 Mini Catalog, it will also be carrying over into the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, yay! This is one of those fun “scene building” stamp sets that you can create a big or a small scenery for different seasons throughout the year! If you aren’t sure where to start, you can start with something simple and then slowly work your way up to a bigger scene! Today, I’m showing you what I think is something around the middle, where the scene is the focal point, but you also have added DSP and embellishments!
For this card, the base layer is Crumb Cake cardstock cut at 4” x 5 ¼” and the next layer is this design from the 2019-2021 In Colors 6” x 6” DSP, in Terracotta Tile, cut at 3 ¾” x 5”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. A 5 ¾” piece of Terracotta Tile Scalloped Linen Ribbon.
2. Use the second largest Layering Circle Die to cut out a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock for the scenery and use the largest scalloped Layering Circle Die to cut out a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, this will be layered under the VV circle. Tip-you can use the Crumb Cake base layer to cut out the scalloped circle since the DSP will be layered over this.
3. Three of the Designer Elements in silver, not pictured.
To create the scenery:
1. Stamp the gazebo in Sahara Sand ink and create the stone path by stamping the small dotted stamp in Crumb Cake ink. I “filled in” the path by stamping again (second generation stamping).
2. I used the small grass blade stamp in Granny Apple Green ink to stamp in a few spots.
3. I stamped the small flower stamp in Grapefruit Grove ink, the leaf stamp around the flowers in Granny Apple Green ink, and the bird stamp in Crumb Cake ink.
Adhere the base layer and the DSP layer together and then adhere the ribbon across the middle, adhering the ends around the back:
Adhere the layered scenery to the DSP with dimensionals:
Adhere this piece to a Terracotta Tile cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”, and the place the three silver Designer Elements on the ribbon:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment from Kindness & Compassion in Terracotta Tile ink, and along the bottom, stamp the grass and leaves in Granny Apple Green ink and the flowers in Grapefruit Grove ink:
Isn’t this a great thank you card? Really, you could use it for any occasion! Even though the Kindness & Compassion stamp set is retiring, I chose to use this sentiment because I just love the style of the font and thought it paired nicely with this card. The Kindness & Compassion stamp set, DSP, and the Designer Elements are all on the retirement list, so don’t forget, all products on the retirement list are only “while supplies last”!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!