Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a fun Tri-Fold card featuring the Honey Bee Bundle! I recently shared a tri-fold shaker card, so I thought it would be fund to create another card that was inspired by the Gold Honey Specialty DSP from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog! Whether you missed out on this DSP or maybe you’ve used it all up, today’s card shows you how you can create your own DSP just with the stamps! If you still have this wonderful DSP, I have an added bonus card at the end showing you how I used the DSP to create the same card!
For your card base, you will need one sheet of Basic Black cardstock, cut in half at 5 ½”. This will give you two bases cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”, and you will want one side to open to the right and the other side to open to the left. For the card front, you will need:
1. Use the large bee die to cut out two bees from a Black Foil sheet.
2. Heat emboss the sentiment in Black Emboss Powder on Whisper White cardstock and punch out with the 1” Circle Punch. Use the 1 1/8” Scallop Circle Punch on Basic Black cardstock to layer under the sentiment.
3. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the All Wired Up background stamp in Versamark ink, and heat emboss Black Emboss Powder (I used my Stamparatus for this). I first sponged So Saffron ink all over the cardstock and then sponged Crushed Curry ink around the edges, just to give the cardstock some depth.
For the inside fold, you will need:
1. Stamp the sentiment in Memento ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the second smallest Layering Oval Die. Use the second smallest oval Stitched Shapes Die to cut a layering piece from Basic Black cardstock, this will be adhered under the sentiment.
2. Stamp the bee hive on Whisper White cardstock in Crushed Curry ink. I used the coordinating die to cut out, but then I used snips to cut along the bee hive to remove any of that little bit of WW cardstock along the outside. The reason for this, is that so this piece is smaller than what the cut out die would be.
3. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”. I first started with the large bee stamp in Memento ink, stamping three in the middle and two along the sides, and then used the small bee stamp in Memento ink filling in around the cardstock. The body of the bees are colored in with Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends.
For the front flap:
1. Use the bee hive die to cut out of the base layer.
2. Using one of the 5 ½” x 8 ½” card bases, you will adhere the cardstock and then tape the die to keep it in place. You will also want to make sure the card front opens to your left.
3. Adhere the detailed foil bees with liquid glue to the card front.
4. Adhere the layered sentiment with a dimensional.
For the second flap:
1. First adhere the back of the left opening card to the front of the right opening inside flap with liquid glue. Think of it this way, insert the left opening card back into the right opening card, the card will first open to the left, then to the right, and the middle will be your inside sentiment.
2. Adhere the stamped and colored bee base layer to the right opening flap.
3. Close the card completely (I used a block to keep the front (left) flap in place) and used dimensionals to adhere the bee hive to the inside (right) flap. This is why you want to trim down the bee hive, so there is enough room around it for the flap to open and close smoothly.
4. The layered sentiment is adhered to the cardstock.
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment and flowers in Memento ink (you can also use your Stamparatus for this to make sure they are stamped evenly) and color the flowers in with the Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends:
Here is the card I made with the Golden Honey Specialty DSP, only heat embossing the bee hive in gold:
Isn’t this a super cute and fun card?? Of course creating your own DSP base layers takes a little but longer, but this is a great way to show this fun bundle and make a fun fold card!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
2 thoughts on “Honey Bee Tri-Fold Card!”
Love it! The bee hive window is fab and all those busy bees are very cute. x
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! 😁
LikeLiked by 1 person