Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a fun birthday card featuring the Butterfly Wishes stamp set! With all of the excitement of new products from the release of the 2020 Mini and Sale-A-Bration Catalogs, let’s not forget about the Annual Catalog! First thing most of us do when we start creating a card, is that we have a theme or a stamp set in mind to use, but what if you are just creating cards to have a little fun? That’s what this card is for me as I didn’t have any particular theme or stamp set in mind, which made creating this card pretty easy! I just looked at my stamp sets from the annual catalog and decided that I would use Butterfly Wishes, why not? Then it was just a matter of choosing colors for the card, paper, and embellishments!
The base layer for this card is this design from the 2019-2021 In Color 6” x 6” DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. A 4 ¼” piece of the Purple Posy Scalloped Linen Ribbon.
2. Stamp the large butterfly from the stamp set on Whisper White cardstock in Blackberry Bliss ink, punch out with the Butterfly Duet Punch, use your paper snips to trim the cardstock down even more to the stamped image edge, and use the Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Write Marker along the outside edge of the cardstock, this will help “hide” any little bits of white along the edge. Use the Butterfly Duet Punch to punch out the large butterfly in Blackberry Bliss cardstock, this will be layered under the other butterfly image that you fussy cut down.
3. Stamp the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink on Whisper White cardstock and use the smallest rectangle die from the Stitched Rectangle Dies. Since the sentiment is longer than the die, you will use the die to cut part of the sentiment and then line the die back up with the cut pattern to continue cutting the sentiment out. You are basically using the die to “customize” die cutting the sentiment.
4. Use the second largest rectangle Stitched Rectangle Die to cut out of Whisper White cardstock and I used my Stamparatus to stamp the small butterfly in Blackberry Bliss ink at the top and the bottom. Use the largest rectangle Stitched Rectangle die to cut out a piece of Basic Gray cardstock, this will be layered under the Whisper White cardstock stamped piece.
5. You will also need three of the largest clear epoxy droplets from the Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets (not pictured).
The card base for this card is Basic Gray cardstock, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”. I first adhered the DSP base layer to the card base and then used Tear & Tape to adhere the scalloped ribbon across the middle:
The stitched rectangle layers are adhered with dimensionals to the DSP base layer over the ribbon, use mini dimensionals to adhere the large butterfly and sentiment, and then apply the three large clear epoxy droplets to the scalloped ribbon:
For the inside of the card, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, adhere the ¾” x 4” strip of DSP along the bottom and stamp the sentiment and butterfly in Blackberry Bliss ink. If you want the butterfly to by lighter, stamp off once first before stamping on the cardstock:
I just love how this card turned out! I know sometimes it’s easy to overlook Purple Posy if you do not have the ink pad, but it is also easy to use in your color combo, like I did with the DSP and scalloped ribbon!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
4 thoughts on “Sweet Butterfly Wishes”
gorgeous card Christina, such a beautiful design x
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much!! 😁
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love your design and colors. I looked at this set today in the AC but decided not to order…hope it carries over!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! 😁 This is such a fun stamp set!