Hello and welcome to today’s card, which features the Power of Hope Bundle! This stamp set and 3D embossing folder is featured in the 2020 Sale-A-Bration catalog, which you can earn with a qualifying $100 (USD) product purchase until March 31st or while supplies last! The inspiration for today’s card is one of the sentiments, “today is a day for new beginnings”, and really, everyday can be a new beginning with this versatile sentiment. So, why not do some sponge coloring to create a morning sunrise behind the temple?
The base layer for this card, is the Blueberry Bushel Foil (from the Noble Peacock Foil Sheets), cut at 4” X 5 ¼”, and embossed with the Stone 3D Embossing Folder:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Two strips of the Seaside Spray Scalloped Linen Ribbon, one piece cut at 4 ½” and the other at 5 ¾”. Make sure when you trim the ends that they are the same angle.
2. Use the largest oval from the Layering Oval Dies to cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. I used a couple sticky notes to mask what would be the ground and sponge colored first in Daffodil Delight ink.
3. Use the 1 ½” Circle Punch to create a second mask to create the “sun” and then first sponge color in Mango Melody ink and then sponge color in Poppy Parade ink, creating your sunrise.
4. I used a little bit of Blueberry Bushel ink around the top, then flipped the sticky note mask so the sunrise was covered, and sponge colored the ground with Blueberry Bushel ink.
5. To stamp the temple, I used my Stamparatus so that I could ink the stamp three times to get a dark and crisp stamp image.
I used Tear & Tape to adhere the ribbon to embossed foil base layer:
The oval scene is adhered with dimensionals and the completed piece is adhered to a Seaside Spray cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Blueberry Bushel ink, stamp the maple tree in Early Espresso ink, and color in the tree and grass with Dark Poppy Parade and Dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends:
Isn’t this a cool way to tie the inside sentiment to the card front? I absolutely love using this embossing folder with foil paper! A fun effect with stamping the temple three times, is that it gives it kind of an embossed feeling when you run your finger over the stamped image!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!