Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is having a little fun with the Honey Bee Bundle! I’ve seen so many awesome cards and crafts with this bundle and just love the one’s using Bermuda Bay cardstock and ink. So, I thought I would show you one card design, but how you can make the card with either Bermuda Bay or So Saffron, or both! One of the fun embellishments that you can use, is the Metallic Baker’s Twine & Sequins Combo Pack! The DSP I used is also from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog, the Golden Honey Specialty DSP, which is awesome to use because it is so easy to add a pop of color!
For the base layer, use this design from the DSP, cut at 4” x 5”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. 2” x 4” piece of DSP (this is the other side of the base layer design) and wrap a piece of the Bermuda Bay twine around four times, then tie into a knot.
2. Stamp the sentiment in Memento Ink on Whisper White cardstock and punch out with the 1” Circle Punch. Use the 1 1/8” Scallop Punch to punch out of Bermuda Bay cardstock, this will be layered under the sentiment.
3. Use the large detailed bee die to cut one out of Black Foil Sheet.
4. On Bermuda Bay cardstock, I traced the outline of the body and wings with a pencil, using the outline from the Black Foil Sheet. Cut out with Paper Snips, erase any pencil marks, and use your Wink of Stella over the whole piece. This will be adhered under the Black Foil die cut.
5. You will need four large and two small of the Bermuda Bay sequins from the combo pack.
I adhered the 2” strip of DSP and the sentiment to the base layer with dimensionals, adhered the two bee pieces together with the Fine Tip Glue Pen, and then adhered it to the 2” strip of DSP with Multipurpose Glue. You can also “pull” the wings up after the glue dries:
I used my Take You Pick Tool to pick up the large sequins and place them on a glue dot, then placed on the DSP. I used my Fine Tip Glue Pen to place a “dollop” of glue for the small sequins and also used my Take Your Pick Tool to put them in place:
This finished piece is then adhered to a Bermuda Bay cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the bees and sentiment in Memento Ink, and color in the body of the bees with a Light Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends:
Now, here’s my alternative card and the only difference is that I used So Saffron instead of Bermuda Bay:
These are super cute and easy cards that you can use for a variety of occasions! Really, any of the sentiments from the Honey Bee stamp set can be used in a variety of occasions! While the Baker’s Twine & Sequin Combo have sold out, the DSP is still available while supplies last or March 31st, whichever comes first!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!