Hello and welcome to the Stamp It Group’s Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop! My name is Christina Miller and you are visiting my blog, Christina’s Creative Corner! Whether this is your first stop on the blog hop tour or have hopped on over from another blog, thank you for letting me share my creation with you today!
For my card, I have combined some of my favorite Sale-A-Bration products with products from the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog and a little sneak peek of a new Sale-A-Bration Vellum DSP that will be available for purchase on March 3rd! The Lovely Lily Pad stamp set is one of my favorites and I love how versatile it is to color, stamp, and cut out with the coordinating dies, you can truly create whatever colors you like!
The base layer is Pretty Peacock cardstock, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”. The next layer is Whisper White cardstock, cut at 3 ¾” x 5”. I mixed up a little bit of Embossing Paste with a small drop of Pretty Peacock ink refill on my Silicone Craft Sheet. On a scrap piece of paper, I taped the Whisper White cardstock down (on the sides) and then taped down the diamond decorative mask over top. I smeared the colored Embossing Paste from the top left corner to the bottom right corner over the mask:
For the rest of the card front, you will need:
1. A strip of this design from the Lily Impressions DSP, cut at 1” x 4”.
2. Cut a ¾” x 4” of the Pretty Peacock Foil Sheet and use the decorative die to cut out.
3. Use the 2 ¼” Circle Punch to punch out of the Pool Party So Very Vellum Specialty DSP (this comes in Pool Party, Purple Posy, Soft Sea Foam and is embossed!!).
3. On a piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp the large lily stamp first in Versamark ink, then in Pretty Peacock ink, and then on the cardstock. I then heat embossed the image in Clear Emboss Powder (a great way to emboss in the color of your choice!). The lily was then colored in with Dark Pretty Peacock, Light Bermuda Bay, and Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blends and cut out with the coordinating die.
4. For the leaves and lily pad, I stamped them in Versamark ink and Mossy Meadow ink on Whisper White cardstock and heat embossed with Clear Emboss Powder. I colored them with Dark Old Olive and Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends, using the Color Lifter to lighten the center of the leaves, and cut out with the coordinating dies.
5. You will also need two of the 5mm and four of the 3mm Pretty Peacock Rhinestones.
The leaves are adhered to the back of the lily with glue dots, the lily is adhered to the lily pad with glue dots, and this piece is adhered to the vellum circle piece. The decorative foil piece is adhered to the DSP with liquid glue:
I adhered the two cardstock layers together and then the DSP strip across the middle:
The lily pad piece is adhered with dimensionals and then I placed the rhinestones in the blank corners:
This completed piece is adhered to a Whisper White cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”:
For the inside, I cut a piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼” and layered a piece of Whisper White cardstock, cut at 3 ¾” x 5”, on top. The sentiment is stamped in Pretty Peacock ink and the lily in the corner is stamped and colored the same way as the lily on the card front:
Isn’t this a fun card?? I usually like to stamp the lily on colored cardstock and then cut out with the coordinating die, but I really liked how the lily turned out using Stampin’ Blends! This is really a great way to create lilies in the colors of your choice!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!
This month’s giveaway:
The winner from last month’s Valentine’s Day Blog Hop is:
Don’t forget to scroll down to leave you FIRST and LAST NAME and a comment with #stampitcontest and keep on hopping to the next name on the Blog Hop Tour:
|13.||Dawn Seelhoff – dawnsinklings.com|