Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a beautiful “all occasions” card featuring the Lovely Lily Pad stamp set, dies, and coordinating Designer Series Paper! These items are found in the 2020 Sale-A-Bration Catalog that you can earn for free!! These products are my personal favorites, aside from the Little Ladybug stamp set, because not only can you make a beautiful card with ease, but it can be for any occasion! This card design is almost a “one sheet wonder”, as it makes four cards and just a few pieces left that you could really make another card with!
The base is this design from the Lily Impressions DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”. I cut this 12” x 12” DSP down to six pieces at 4” x 5 ¼” and three pieces at 1 ½” x 4”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. Take one of the 4” x 5 ¼” pieces and trim it down to 1 ¾” (along the 5 ¼” side, which will give you three equal pieces) and use the back side of the design.
2. Cut a piece of Blackberry Bliss cardstock at 2” x 4 ¼”, this will be layered under the strip of DSP.
3. Use the detailed die to cut out of Garden Green cardstock.
4. Stamp the large lily in Lovely Lipstick ink on a piece of So Saffron cardstock and a piece of Petal Pink Vellum cardstock (the smooth side), cutting out with the coordinating die. These pieces will be layered on top of each other.
5. Stamp the small leaf stamp in Garden Green ink on Old Olive Vellum cardstock (the smooth side) and cut out with the coordinating die.
You will adhere the DSP and cardstock layered together and then use a small amount of liquid glue on the back of the Blackberry Bliss cardstock to adhere the detailed die cut piece of Garden Green cardstock. Adhere the two lily pieces together and then adhere the vellum leaves to the backside:
The card base is Lovely Lipstick cardstock, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”. Adhere the base layer on top of the card base and then use dimensionals to adhere the layered and die cut piece:
The lily is adhered to this piece and then I added three of the large Frosted Epoxy Droplets:
Since this card is for any occasion, I kept the inside very simple by cutting a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamping the solid side of the small lily in So Saffron ink and the detailed side in Lovely Lipstick ink:
Isn’t this a beautiful card?? When I was designing this card, I tried different variations with the large lily stamp as I was trying to “pull” the light color out of the DSP. To make a long story short, I layered the Petal Pink Vellum cardstock on top of the So Saffron cardstock to see how that looked, then decided to stamp the lily in Lovely Lipstick ink on both and really liked how that turned out! Not only is it a soft and light color, but it adds just an extra bit of texture with the vellum cardstock.
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!