Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a fun and easy masculine themed birthday card featuring The Gang’s All Meer stamp set! This stamp set is from the 2020 Sale-A-Bration catalog that you can earn for free with a qualifying product purchase of $50 (USD) now thru March 31st! This is such a cute stamp set and I thought I would show you how to create a more “masculine themed” card when combined with the Country Club DSP from the 2020 Mini Catalog! This is also a great opportunity to use those Stampin’ Blends to tie into the DSP!
The base layer is this design from the Country Club DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front, you will need:
1. 5 ¼” strip of the Burlap Ribbon.
2. Use the third largest Stitched Rectangle Die to cut out a piece of Night of Navy cardstock for layering.
3. Use the fourth largest Stitched Rectangle Die to cut out a piece of Whisper White cardstock to stamp the scenery.
4. After stamping the scene in Memento ink, color in the cacti with Dark Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends, the flower on top with Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends, and color the lizard’s spots with Light Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blends, the body with Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends, and the eyes with Light Pineapple Punch.
5. Color the Meer cat with Ivory and Bronze Stampin’ Blends and create a shadow under the cacti, Meer cat, and lizard with a Dark Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends.
6. Color the ground with Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends and the sky with Light Seaside Spray Stampin’ Blends.
Adhere the base layer DSP to a Crumb Cake cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”, and adhere the burlap ribbon with Tear & Tape:
Adhere the rectangle layers together and then adhere on top of the DSP with dimensionals, I placed one in each corner since the ribbon will be underneath:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Garden Green ink, stamp the Meer cat and lizard in Memento ink, and color the same as the front of the card:
Isn’t this a fun card?? While it may seem like I used a lot of Stampin’ Blends, it was really quick and easy to color everything in. This stamp set is a great way for you to experiment and become familiar with Stampin’ Blends, choosing just a few key colors. If you do not have Stampin’ Blends, you can also use Stampin’ Write Markers or even your Blender Pen with ink from your ink pad!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!