Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a cute and fun Valentine’s Day card made with the Honey Bee Bundle and coordinating Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper! If you are like me, I send cards to friends and family for Valentine’s Day, because why not?? Lol What inspired me to use this bundle and coordinating DSP into a Valentine card, is the little double heart die in the Detailed Bee Dies. I recently shared my mini card and treat holder combo in the Team Stamp It Blog Hop which combined this bundle, DSP, and the Heartfelt Bundle, but I thought about how about just making a card with the Honey Bee Bundle and DSP? Which shows you another great way to create with these products!
The base layer is this design from the Golden Honey Specialty DSP, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”:
For the card front you will need:
1. Use the fourth largest layering Rectangle Stitched Die to cut out of Whisper White cardstock.
2. Stamp the hive stamp in So Saffron ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the coordinating die.
3. Stamp the small bee stamp twice in Memento Ink on Whisper White cardstock, color in the back lines with a Blender Pen and So Saffron ink, and cut out with the coordinating die.
4. Stamp the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock in Real Red ink and punch out with the 1” Circle Punch. Use the 1 1/8” Scallop Punch to punch out of Real Red cardstock, this will be layered under the sentiment.
5. Use the double heart die to cut out of Real Red cardstock two times.
To assemble the card front, first adhere the rectangle stitched Whisper White cardstock to the DSP base layer and then adhere the bee hive on top. The bees and sentiment are both adhered with dimensionals and the hearts are adhered with mini glue dots. Tip-since the small hearts are too small for the glue dots, I used the paper piercing end of my Take Your Pick tool and “rolled” the glue dot around the tip and applied to the small heart:
This completed piece is adhered to a Real Red cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”:
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Real Red ink, and adhere a ¾” x 4” piece of DSP along the bottom:
This is such a super cute card to give out for Valentine’s Day! Using Real Red cardstock is what I feel really turned this bundle into a Valentine card. Another tip that we sometimes forget about, is that if you do not have Stampin’ Write Markers, you can use a blender pen to pick up ink from the lid (or you can use a clear block to “stamp” the ink pad) when you squeeze the lid. You can also color the bees and/or the flowers on the DSP if you want to add just a little pop of color!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!