Hello and welcome to today’s card, which is a classic, yet elegant, Christmas card featuring the Wrapped in Plaid DSP with the Dashing Deer stamp set and the coordinating Detailed Deer dies! The inspiration for this card really is maximizing products you may already have and combining them with a few products from the 2019 Holiday Catalog. The Dashing Deer stamp set and coordinating dies are a carryover from the 2018 Holiday Catalog and is one of my favorites! This easy to replicate card is perfect with the Wrapped in Plaid DSP by simply swapping out the colored cardstock if you want!
For this card, I chose this design from the Wrapped in Plaid DSP and used one of my favorite cuts, one piece at ¾” x 6”, one piece at 4” x 5 ¼”, and one piece at 2” x 5 ¼”. The 4” x 5 ¼” piece will be your base layer:
For the rest of the card front you will need:
1. A 5” strip of the Shaded Spruce/Gold Striped Ribbon.
2. Use the second largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock.
3. Use the second largest scalloped circle die from the Layering Circles Dies to cut a piece of Gold Foil Sheet. This will layer under the Night of Navy cardstock circle.
4. Stamp the large flourishing deer stamp on Crumb Cake cardstock in Golden Glitz Metallic ink, use your Heat Tool to dry the ink, and then cut out with the coordinating die.
5. Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink on Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out with the smallest layering Stitched Rectangle Die. Tip-if you are making multiples of this design, it is easier to cut out the Very Vanilla cardstock first with the die, save one of the outline cutouts, and use your Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment. This way you maximize cutting your paper and are still able to get a nice and even stamped image.
I first adhered the layered circles together and then adhered the cutout deer on top with dimensionals:
I adhered the ribbon across the DSP, along the bottom, and adhered the sentiment on top with dimensionals. I then adhered the deer piece to the DSP:
This completed piece is adhered to a Crumb Cake cardstock card base, cut at 4 ¼” x 11”, and scored at 5 ½”. I decided to add a little bit more glittery bling by adhering three of the 6mm Gold Glitter Enamel Dots around the deer:
For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy ink, adhere the ¾” strip of DSP along the bottom and snip off the excess DSP:
This really is a simple, yet elegant, Christmas card! It is very easy to replicate for making multiples of! Since I still have the 2” x 5 ¼” piece of DSP, I am going to use that to decorate the flap of my envelope and one of the smaller deer stamps on the front of the envelope. Pretty cards should have pretty and coordinating envelopes! 😁
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!