Hello and welcome to today’s card, which I’m taking a short pause from Christmas crafting to share with you some NEW products from the upcoming 2020 Mini Catalog! Stampin’ Up! may have changed the name of the Occasions Catalog to the Mini Catalog, changed the layout of the Mini Catalog, but they have not changed the AMAZING products you will find! I was one of the few lucky people that were chosen to be given this beautiful new background stamp set, Breathtaking Bouquet. This was actually an “extra stamp set” that was part of a Prize Patrol from OnStage, and the Prize Patrol winner was to give this stamp set to a complete stranger. I thought what better way to honor this random act of kindness, than to create a beautiful card to share with you and to try out the “whitewash technique”!
The base layer is Sahara Sand cardstock, cut at 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the background stamp in Versamark ink, and heat emboss with White Embossing Powder:
Since there is a lot of detail with this stamp, I first used my Aqua Painter with Whisper White Craft Ink on the flowers and then used my Aqua Painter with Petal Pink and Lovely Lipstick inks. Tip-you can clean the craft ink off the aqua painter by squeezing the water out of the brush onto a paper towel. You can also “lift” the ink directly from the ink pad to color the flowers. I repeated the process with the leaves and colored them with Granny Apple Green ink:
For the rest of the card front you will need:
1. Enough Petal Pink Metallic-Edge Ribbon to tie into a bow around the base layer.
2. Stamp the sentiment from Peaceful Moments in Lovely Lipstick ink on Whisper White cardstock, punch out with the Tailored Tag Punch.
3. Punch another Tailored Tag piece from Crumb Cake cardstock to layer under the sentiment.
To assemble the card:
1. Tie the ribbon into a bow around the lower portion of the base layer.
2. Adhere the base layer to a Crumb Cake cardstock card base, cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½”, and scored at 4 ¼”, with dimensionals.
3. Trim the sentiment piece down slightly with paper snips, adhere to the Crumb Cake cardstock layering piece, and then adhere over the ribbon with dimensionals.
4. I added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the center of three flowers.
For the inside, cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock at 4” x 5 ¼” and stamp the sentiment in Lovely Lipstick ink:
Isn’t this a beautiful background stamp? Whether you want to color this in or not, this is a beautiful stamp to make as your feature on a card, just a sentiment! How about that ribbon?? It is actually a champagne metallic edge and there are also Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels to coordinate! This is part of the Parian Blossoms Suite from the Mini Catalog!!
Live in the USA? I would love to be your demonstrator! Contact me today to learn more about purchasing Stampin’ Up! products, hosting a party, joining my team or if you would like a complimentary catalog!
You can head over to my online store by clicking the Shop Now! button at the very top to see all available products.
I hope today’s project inspires you to get creative! Please contact me if you have any questions about the products used on this or any other project. I hope you enjoyed today’s blog and thanks for stopping by!